NatureBox is looking for a strategic and results-oriented Marketing Strategy Manager. This job is for you if you are a master at taking data and turning it into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
Unlike other strategy jobs, this role is about pushing to real business results--not just making beautiful powerpoint slides and excel charts. Your insights will drive strategy across the entire customer experience, with initiatives focused on both lowering cost per acquisition and improving lifetime value. Our team is driving stepchange improvements in ROI and customer payback through optimizing the current business model and testing adjacent concepts. We’re looking for a teammate who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, isn’t afraid to ask bold questions, and is comfortable with both strategy and execution.
This position reports directly to the GM of the direct-to-consumer business, will work very cross-functionally across the business and will play a crucial role in achieving business goals for the next 12 months.
- Marketing strategy
- Identify and prioritize key initiatives across the business based on a data-driven approach
- Develop a deep understanding of customer characteristics by cohort, including lifetime value, repeat order trends, churn rate, promotion response rates, customer motivations, and more
- Combine analyses, strategic thinking, and creative recommendations to drive stepchange improvements in marketing ROI with recommendations on acquisition strategy, promotional strategy, customer segmentation, and user personalization efforts
- Optimize our existing lifecycle marketing strategy across all channels (email, site direct mail, in-box, etc.) for various customer segments; drive strategy behind promotional calendar and email marketing program, working closely with external agency and marketing operations associate to implement
- Partner with analytics team to improve reporting and forecasting tools, especially around customer lifetime value, payback, and ROI
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to measure lift and ROI for marketing initiatives
- Conversion Rate Optimization and Funnel Analysis
- Analyse user behavior across entire journey; identify opportunities to re-engage users at various points of the funnel
- Measure conversion throughout funnel (for various channels, experiments, etc.) and make recommendations to optimize funnel
- Website Merchandising and Product Strategy
- Develop merchandising strategies based on historical data, buying trends, product margins, ratings & reviews, and customer research to determine product placements
- Recommend site features to improve conversion rate, increase order value, and make the shopping experience easier and more delightful
- Partner with food product development and data analytics to define/measure product success metrics and drive food product strategy
- User Research and Concept Testing
- Conduct customer interviews to identify pain points and uncover unmet needs; complete secondary research to identify marketplace trends
- Combine input from primary and secondary research to develop new value propositions and business models for rapid concept testing and prototyping
- Identify and measure success metrics for business model testing
Note: This role will work closely with our marketing operations associate, who will provide leverage in executing many of these tasks. However, we’re looking for a team member who is also willing to jump in and execute in addition to driving strategy.
A successful candidate will have many of the following:
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing, web merchandising, growth hacking, marketing analytics, or product management
- Experience working in e-commerce companies
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and very comfortable with numbers; you love data, but you also know how to translate numbers to “what we should do next”
- Demonstrated aptitude for running and evaluating experiments that improve key metrics
- Strong communication skills when working with technical and non-technical teammates
- Willingness to ask bold questions, navigate tough decisions and tradeoffs, focus on the big swings, and operate with compassion for users
- Interest in e-commerce, consumer behavior, and health/cooking/organic food/alternative diets
NatureBox welcomes and supports diverse applicants. If you are passionate and excited about our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
Launched in 2012 -- NatureBox has made a name for itself in the food industry with the belief that snacks can (and should!) be crazy delicious and also better for you. Our team of foodies leverages consumer data and culinary expertise to create a range of unique and craveworthy flavors. NatureBox's multichannel platform also makes it easier to enjoy their snacks, from retail stores and airline partnerships to corporate plans and e-commerce. Online, NatureBox members can browse over 100 different products in a dozen categories. The best part is, all NatureBox products are made from high-quality ingredients consumers can trust.