Finance: Accounting Manager
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Eight years of relevant experience
NatureBox is a high growth, direct-to-consumer snack brand. The company focuses on the $64 billion snack market, selling monthly subscriptions that allow customers to conveniently discover and enjoy snacks exclusively by NatureBox. Founded in 2012, the company shipped 50,000 orders in the first year and experienced 20X growth in 2013. NatureBox has over 70 employees and has raised $28.5 million in venture capital funding.
For every box the company delivers, it donates one meal through Feeding America with a goal of 1 million meals by the end of 2014. Since 2012, NatureBox has donated over 150,000 meals and over 10,000 snack bags to help feed the hungry.
We are a fast paced, dynamic company looking for an Accounting Manager who consistently exceeds expectations and who can proactively contribute to our team. This is a great opportunity for a financial leader who thrives in a high-growth environment, and is excited to work in a hands-on capacity to drive the monthly close process and ensure the integrity and accuracy of our financial reporting. The ideal candidate has a strong mix of operational and technical accounting, analytical and people management skills. The Accounting Manager is counted on to improve upon existing processes and procedures and thrive in a changing environment. Lastly, the ideal candidate has experience with performing monthly close in an ERP environment.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting and maintenance of ledger accounts and records in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including consolidations in addition to the preparation and/or review of GL account reconciliations;
- Proactively seek ways to improve processes to help reduce time to close, improve accuracy of the underlying accounting records and/or improve operational efficiencies;
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly financial statements and variance analysis;
- Collaborate cross-functionally to obtain feedback on and develop plans to implement process improvements;
- Establish and maintain product standard costs, and analyze manufacturing variances from standard;
- Identify and research accounting issues/questions and prepare/review accounting memos;
- Assist in preparing the accounting team for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act and developing and maintaining corporate policies and procedures for general accounting operations;
- Help manage compliance with reporting and regulatory requirements;
- Participate in or lead ad hoc projects including managing the external audits.
- Relevant 8+ years of experience, preferably including public accounting and industry experience with U.S. GAAP;
- Bachelor degree required in Accounting or Finance; CPA license a plus;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to deal with large volumes of data;
- Solid Cost Accounting knowledge and experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of professionalism and the ability to establish/maintain effective and collaborative working relationships;Must be a self-starter and team player with the ability to improve upon existing processes and procedures and thrive in a changing environment;
- Demonstrate a flexible mindset by adapting and helping to drive change;
- Superior attention to detail, strong organization skills and ability to deliver on deadlines
- Capable of serving as a professional resource for junior team members and the ability to contribute to their professional development